Please Allow For The Timeline to Load Below, Then Use The Scrollbar To Scroll Through Our History.
Community Nurse is one of the oldest Community Health Centers in the State of Illinois and the nation.
In July of 1919, Mrs. Albert D. Adams called a meeting in the Supervisor’s Office, Lyons Township Hall, La Grange, for the purpose of considering the need of a health center and child welfare station in La Grange. In 1919 the association supported the move to hire the first school nurse for the village and provided financial support toward her salary. Over the next three years, a small outpost of the Bureau of Social Service of Cook County was established in La Grange and began to provide services. This Bureau would meet with many challenges and it would become an independent organization in January of 1921.