We are so appreciative of the many supporters who want to donate their time, talents, and treasure to our mission.
- Resale Shop: Learn about volunteering at The Community Shop here.
- Sexual Assault Advocates: Sexual assault advocates provide medical and criminal advocacy to individuals and families affected by sexual violence at local emergency rooms and police departments. Volunteers must complete a 40-hour training and commit to a certain number of hours or shifts. Trainings happen throughout the year; stay tuned to our calendar for available trainings, or fill out the volunteer form to denote your interest.
- Buddy’s Place Volunteers: Help grieving children, teens, and their families through Pillars Community Health’s Buddy’s Place program. You could help as a greeter or group facilitator or with child care. Programs take place on Monday and Tuesday evenings so it is important for volunteers to have availability at those times. Volunteers must also complete training to participate. Spring 2017 training dates are as follows (must attend all to volunteer): February 28, 5 pm-9 pm; March 6, 5 pm-9 pm; March 7, 5 pm-9 pm; March 13, 5 pm-9 pm; and March 14, 5 pm-9 pm. If you are interested, please fill out our volunteer form.
- Domestic Violence Volunteers: Domestic violence volunteers may assist with our 24-hour hotline, provide crisis intervention, provide presentations to our children’s group, or assist with day-to-day tasks at Constance Morris House, our domestic violence shelter. All domestic violence volunteers must complete a 40-hour training. Trainings happen throughout the year; stay tuned to our calendar for available trainings, or fill out the volunteer form to denote your interest.
- Gala Volunteers: Click here to learn about volunteering at our largest annual fundraising event, The 2018 Pillars Ball.
- Other Opportunities: From time to time, we may also seek volunteers for special events, clerical support, and maintenance work.
- Hope Chest: Hope Chest, an upscale resale shop that benefits our domestic violence shelter, may have opportunities for volunteers as well. To learn more, contact Hope Chest directly.
To inquire whether any opportunities are available, please fill out our volunteer form. Please note: This form should not be used for inquiring about internships; information about internships is available here.
Once you complete the form,Pillars Community Health will be in touch to let you know if there is a match between your skills/preferences and current volunteer needs. Note: Some volunteer positions require formal background checks.
Other Ways to Get Involved
- Donate a Meal to Our Shelter: Provide a Saturday dinner for the women and children living at Constance Morris House (our domestic violence shelter) through our Connie’s Kitchen program. We do ask that any new group fill out the volunteer application here prior to picking a date to provide a meal. Previous donors, please access the calendar here.
- Host a Fundraiser: Create your own third-party fundraiser and donate the proceeds to Pillars Community Health.
- Help Us Extend Our Message: FollowPillars Community Health on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter and share our posts to get others involved with our mission.