Help provide Health and Dental Care to local families in need – donate your gently used goods to Community Nurse Health Center!
For non-furniture items such as clothing, accessories, home décor, books/media, toys, sporting goods, small appliances (working, please!) – Please drop off at the Carousel Shop drop off door in the alley behind 23 Calendar Avenue in La Grange. Monday through Saturday from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm. The alley is one way starting at LaGrange Road (between Fannie Mae Candies and Chase bank). There is a clearly marked red drop off door about ¾ down the alley on the left. Donation receipts are available at the drop off door.
For gently used furniture please call The Corner shop at 708-579-2425 to make arrangements for a FREE pick up of approved items! We will pick up from a 1st floor level, front porch or garage (unless an elevator building) items that are in good condition.
For larger Estates FREE pick up service is available on approved Estates (larger donations of furniture and non-furniture items together). Please call 708-579-2425 to schedule a FREE pick up!
We do accept damaged textile items for recycling, such as stained or torn clothing, leather goods, household linens, and stuffed animals. Please label “Textile recycling” and separate from your gently used items for regular donation.
We also accept cell phones and cell phone chargers for recycling.
We can’t accept the following items – (please check for recycling programs in your area for many of the following)
- Mattresses/box springs or sofa beds
- T.V.’s, computers/computer accessories
- Ski equipment or large exercise equipment, such as a treadmill
- Car seats, cribs, play yards, high chairs or strollers
- Large appliances, such as stoves or refrigerators
- Building materials, paints, cleaning products or chemicals of any kind
- Garden equipment such as lawnmowers, electric trimmers
- Please – nothing dirty, broken, wet, rusty or hazardous
Community Nurse Health Center is a registered 501(c)(3) organization, and all donations are tax deductible in accordance with IRS regulations.